Sharp Nes Tv Help

I have a sharp NES tv that needs a Flyback transformer replaced. I researched and found the service manual which showed the part number was 

RTRNF1482CEZZ so I found one online and purchased it. When I took it to the repairman he told me and I can’t remember if he said the diode or the driver wasn’t the correct one. How can that be when I purchased the exact model number. Can someone with more knowledge help me with my issue please? Or does someone have a broken sharp nes tv I could possibly rob the transformer out of?

Comments

• Find out what they meant by diode or driver, because that doesn't sound right to me. Also, perhaps get a second opinion.
  • If you figure it out let us know I'd like to have extra fly back for mine.
  • Found out it was something completely different from what I thought he said. The deflection was wrong but either way I need more parts to repair my unit.
  • The Deflection coil? That's not even part of the fly back. Totally separate part.
  • Do you know of anyone or anywhere I can find parts?
  • Originally posted by: Mackcalloway00

Found out it was something completely different from what I thought he said. The deflection was wrong but either way I need more parts to repair my unit.
    The deflection coil was wrong? Did you swap it to begin with, if so why? That thing is a pain to get off... If it is the original one, you need to find a different tv repair guy, because this guy is taking you for a ride.
  • My tv is screwed now. So I need a whole new Flyback board
  • Originally posted by: Mackcalloway00

My tv is screwed now. So I need a whole new Flyback board

what happened?
  • I checked the yoke and it was fried so I figured I have a voltage problem somewhere so I was checking for voltage and accidentally touched to pins together and pop burnt my board
  • Dam that's scary! I honestly would just consider replacing the entire tube, yolk and chassis. Probably easier. I I've done tons of arcade swaps and can probably find a local arcade repair dude. Where you live? Can help you find someone.

I have a sharp tv too, I can see if I can recognize a size that would fit. Only thing is 19-20 inch monitors are getting hard to come by, and most need tube rejuvenation or caps replaced too.

Hope that helps, hit me up.
  • I'm sure it could be saved. I'd say you probably took out the hot or a voltage regulator. I've worked on Arcade monitors which are very similair to televisions.